Hello, again!
(Finally put up his growth chart! Thanks Kelsea! 20.5 in at birth and 26.5 in at 6 months)
We just took him in for his 6 month check and he weighs 15lbs 15oz and measured 26.5 in. tall. I think he measured 26 in at his appt. in December, so this was a little weird. I did look at a chart, though, and he is right on for his age. Maybe the December height was off--26 in was quite tall for 2 1/2 months. The doc said he was doing very well. Funny though--she asked about sitting up, saying that it would be good if he at least sat up for brief amounts of time, but ok if he couldn't yet. I just looked at her and chuckled and said--He's been sitting up on his own since 5 months and now he's trying to crawl! When she did some more checks, she could tell that, yes, he definitely is trying to crawl already and that we have a VERY active boy on our hands. I didn't need her to tell me that! Hahaha!
You can tell that Elijah wants so bad to move but gets frustrated because he can't quite get it. He gets on his hands and knees from sitting, but usually falls on his tummy. He has taken a few crawl steps already, but only once or twice. When he does get on his tummy, he can turn in a full circle, and push himself a little forward and backward with his feet. Elijah can also pull himself up on objects. He's done this on his exersaucer, ottoman and the coffee table. He can't balance yet, of course, so he falls down. We are going to be very busy with this little guy!! He's only 6 months for goodness sake!
Sleeping is still our biggest issue. For a while he was doing alright at night, but would not take very good naps. Now for the last two weeks, he has been taking decent naps but not sleeping well at night...at all. We have now started letting him cry for a little while before we go check on him or give him his pacifier. We started this because we could tell that he knew exactly what he wanted and knew how to get it. He was fed, changed, and given teething stuff, but still would not be happy unless we held him. He would fall asleep in our arms, but a few minutes after being put back in bed, he would wake up and begin to cry. It's tough letting him cry, but as long as we know that he is safe and his needs are met, we have to let him cry for a bit. I have read several different ideas and thoughts about crying and I am torn. I still will not let him cry for more than 10-15 minutes before checking on him. I just don't feel comfortable with crying for an hour! But we also know he needs to learn how to self-soothe. When we do check on him, we give him his paci, pat his back, but try to not pick him up. This usually works after a while. The hard part in all this? We have a 1 bedroom apartment still! We are looking for a new place--hopefully that happens soon! I don't feel like we can really work on sleep until he has his own space. Until then, we will do what we can.
Instead of uploading every picture, I have just uploaded my faves and ones that show his growth and development :) (Also, I missed a few days...and have misplaced my memory card for some of my pics!)
In March, Elijah and I traveled out to Montana with my mom and brother to visit my sister Aimee. He struggled in the car, but had a good trip overall :)
We went to Big Sky ski resort one day. He staying in the lodge with grandma while Aimee, Evan and I skied. He did quite well--even took a nap in the lodge!
Looks good in blue :) What an angel!
So excited to get him his own skis and gear! He will be a stud on the slopes :)
We let him taste a berry smoothie--dairy free. He would NOT let the straw go!
Although most of the car trip to Montana was sleeping or crying, he did have moments of peace and calm. Isn't this smile the best!?!
He was sitting in the living room playing with toys. Next thing I know, he has grabbed his floor mat and pulled it on top of himself! Has to have his hands on anything and everything! It's funny...when I walk past the wall where are keys are hanging, he quickly reaches out and grabs the keys!
Someone said babies do this because they are teething? Well, he does this a lot now! We think he has been working on teeth for quite some time now...just wish those little guys would pop through so he wouldn't be so cranky.
Mmmm!! We have started giving him foods here and there! He LOVES bananas. Mix in avocado and even better!! I have also given him some carrots and peas. Downs them and screams for more. Need to start that baby sign :/
Aunt Aimee put glasses on him...and he left them there! What a stud.
Check out these smiles!! What a goofball!
Yummy carrot! Figured a whole raw carrot would feel good on this little gums
He loves being outside. I can now finally start drying his diapers outside!! Yay!! The sun is good for them--natural bleach and disinfectant.
I may be biased, but this is just too cute :)
Elijah loves the store. When you sit him in the cart, he just looks around and is interested in everything! He just looks so small to be sitting in the cart.
Again, loves being outside. Got him his own pair of sunglasses. Stud muffin! And already taking dad's keys!
Umm...Elijah's cousin got a fake mustache in a coin machine. Hahaha!
This is a frequent occurrence. He actually now gets on his hands and knees and rocks. Elijah will also push up with his feet. Of course he usually proceeds to fall onto his tummy.
Zech is so great with Elijah. A huge help to me!!
Garage sale hoodie!! I love garage sales. Excited to stock up on stuff like clothes and toys for Elijah for the next year or two!
We let him try some all-natural fruit leather. He LOVED LOVED LOVED trying to eat this. Of course he just sucked on it. He made a huge mess :)
Driving already?!? (No, not really)
Elijah and all his little toys :)
And here is his 6 month-monthly photo. I can't believe it's been that long. It's so amazing how much change they go through in that short amount of time! And to think, even more will change in the next 6 months.
I know this got long and I apologize. Between work and sleep and taking care of the family, it's hard to find time to post. I hope to do so more often as he begins to explore more things and develop his own personality. We love this little man with all our hearts and can't wait to experience life with him!
Until next time--Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment