Friday, December 9, 2011

Back to work...

This pic is from 10-20-11, the day I was missing a while back.  
Check out my Facebook page for the other pics in this album! 
(Thanks Bobbi for taking such fun pics!)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Well, two weeks of work under my belt. The first week back, I was able to just work mornings, instead of my full days, in order to help get back into the swing of things.  It really wasn't too bad.  I have been away from Elijah for 3-4 hours before, so it went well.  However, I did notice that I missed spending time with him while awake!  For a few days it was like I would feed him and then we would go somewhere while he was happy and then feed again and then do something else quick.  I have tried to just enjoy him while he is content.  The dishes can wait!!! So a few times during the last two weeks I have just held him while he sleeps.  This last week, I did my full days.  It was so hard to say goodbye after lunch--yes, I get to spend an hour with him over lunch! Wednesdays are my long day, so I don't get to see my little man until 6.  It's tough! But I am so thankful that the grandparents can take care of him, and he doesn't have to go to daycare.  Praise God!!

I think Elijah had a sense of something different going on these last few weeks.  He did not sleep well the first two nights of going back to work.  And he still struggles with bedtime.  Also he was cranky during the day.  It's crazy how babies can sense change! I pray Elijah gets better soon!  His feeding schedule is also changing. He will eat before I go to work--around 8--and sometimes he won't eat until lunch! Or if he does it's an ounce or two.  A few days he went 4 hours between feeding.  A few nights ago, he ate around 8, fell asleep around 10:30, and then did not wake up until 4 to eat! Yes...mommy got 6 hours of sleep!!!! Thanks to daddy keeping him in the living room so mommy could sleep.  So yes, the feeding schedule is changing.  A friend of mine said that some babies really just want mommy, so they end up waiting to eat until mommy can.  Elijah will usually take the bottle just fine, but I am starting to think that maybe he just tried to wait for mom.  Makes sense I suppose.

But he is growing and changing still :) We are enjoying him more and there are fewer moments of frustration.  I am so thankful!! Elijah just seems to be enjoying life a little more, which makes mommy and daddy very happy.

Here are some more pics!!



12-1-11
Watchin' a movie with daddy


12-2-11
Trying to get some tummy time in! He only likes it for a few minutes.  
We think it's because can't look around like he wants to!



 12-2-11
Ready for his first Christmas Party!!


(Missing 12-3 at the moment.  Waiting to get it from a friend!)



12-4-11
Just chillin'

12-5-11
With mommy before bed!

12-6-11
Very tired baby resting on the couch with daddy's blanket!


12-7-11
Mommy and Elijah!

12-8-11
Resting on his boppy pillow.  Like I said above, he doesn't like tummy time.  Here he isn't quite on his tummy, but almost.  So we will start with this.  

12-9-11
Very rarely does Elijah just stop moving and rest on mommy.  But he was here!! So I had to capture:) 


Hope you enjoyed :) 

Peace until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment