Hey!
As I right this, my little man is asleep in my arms. We just have a little while to write this as we leave tonight for Arizona! My dad, Elijah, and I are headed down there for the week to visit family. It should be a fun time. Thankfully my mom had the day off to help pack...packing for an infant is not an easy task.
Things with Elijah have gradually gotten better. Frustrating times are getting less frequent, although they still happen. Feeding is SOOOO much better now. God is so good and allowing healing to happen. Our biggest struggle is naptime during the day. He doesn't like to sleep for very long. But you can tell he is so tired. He just fights it. So then we deal with a cranky baby. But overall, he really is a good baby. And I continually have to tell myself that. It's hard trying to comfort a crying/screaming baby when you are tired and the house is a mess. That's when prayer and relaxation techniques come in handy--and an amazing husband. Zech is so good, especially when he is crying. He does not get frazzled, and helps me to do the same. For a few nights now, there are times when Elijah will be very fussy and will be kicking while trying to change his diaper. It's 4am and I am exhausted and have little patience to deal with him. Zech will get up and help out. It's awesome.
Elijah is a growing boy! There are clothes that he can't fit into anymore. That's so crazy. He is just a little over 5 weeks now. We go in next Monday and will see what he weighs. I'm hoping to get a scale at home so I can do that here. Elijah is gradually becoming more aware of his environment. He loves to look around. He will follow people who are in the room and will respond to noises. His smiles are a little more frequent, and I don't think it's just gas :) I will be holding him and smiling at him and tickling his cheek and a huge smile will cross his face---more than once. It's so fun to see him growing and changing. I am learning his cries and can tell when he is tired or hungry. We are all learning his likes and dislikes. He is a very active boy. When he is awake, he is constantly moving. Just like when he was in utero! And just like his daddy.
Well, time is short and I need to post pics!
11-2-11
Play date with Sheena and little Camilla
11-3-11
With the Birthday Girl!
Just chillin'
11-5-11
Play time with mommy!
11-6-11
Post-feeding face. So content
11-7-11
His nighttime apparel. Yes, he wears a nightgown---it's so much easier to change a
diaper in this during the night when you are tired.
11-8-11
Elijah is going to be so mad at me someday for posting this pic.
11-9-11
Hey there!
11-9-11
Peek-a-boo
11-10-11
With Grandpa Otten :)
11-11-11
Another sweet shirt from Aunt Aimee. Love this pic
11-12-11
The 4 men in my life. Love it!
11-12-11
Uncle Evan has a HUGE stuffed monkey. Some day Elijah will be just as big...oh dear!
11-12-11
SMILE!!! Hahaha
11-13-11
Elijah is rocking the awesome outfit from Aunt Aimee
11-14-11
Sleeping with Grandma
Until next time
~Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment