Thursday, August 9, 2012

I love to eat!!!

Hey Friends! Thought I would do a little update :)

Things have been going pretty well lately.  I am now home with my little one which is a huge blessing.  I love being home with him!! And will love it even more when the next baby comes along.  We moved to a bigger apartment so now Elijah gets his own room!! It is great!!!

Elijah is growing ever so quickly.  10 months now and every day is something new!! His sleeping is getting a lot better and we are able to get some sleep at night.  He may wake up once or twice, but I can handle that.  He goes down about 7/7:30 and wakes around 5 to nurse. Then back to sleep till 7:30ish! And naps are getting so much better too!  Today, his first nap was over 2 hours and his afternoon was 1 1/2 hours.  1 1/2 is pretty normal, but sometimes it's an hour and sometimes it's more.  I am so glad that we worked hard a few months ago to get to this point.  We just spent a few weeks being as consistent as we could be.  And we let him cry.  We had to!! He was just in the habit of waking up often and we had to break that.  We would try to put him down to sleep while he was sleepy yet awake, which then taught him to fall asleep on his own.  He still has a paci--which I am thinking about working on soon--but we can put him down to sleep awake and he eventually falls asleep.  I think he is like me (Audrey) and moves around a lot to fall asleep.  I check on him every so often and he is always in a different position.  It's rather cute.  Whatever works!!

He is eating like a champ as well--solid foods that is.  He pretty much likes anything and everything we give him. It is so fun to try new things.  And to be able to start feeding him what we are having for dinner instead of having to make a separate meal.  He loves different tastes and textures.  Thankful that we don't have a picky eater!! But we do have to put a limit on him.  He could eat and eat and eat!! Probably not good for his little tummy :)

Sadly, Elijah does not nurse much anymore.  Only that one time early morning will he still nurse well.  We believe it is pregnancy related.  He just stopped wanted to nurse!! We tried for a long time to do different things, but he just didn't want anything to do with it.  Maybe for 10 seconds, but that's it.  After a long while of this and not really knowing what was going on, and seeing that he was not as happy during the day, we decided that it was time to supplement.  This saddens me as I hoped to nurse through his first year and as I really do not like formula.  But there was nothing else we really could do!  Thankfully, he nursed for a full 9 months and is still nursing once a day.  I researched and found a formula that I am comfortable with.  Thankfully it will just be a couple of months and we can move over to regular milk.  This whole situation has really opened my eyes to a few things about myself.  Honestly, I found myself 'judging' others if I saw a baby drinking milk from a bottle.  I am very pro nursing for several reasons, and I wish every baby could have that benefit.  But now, I am the one that has their baby drinking from a bottle and I suddenly found myself on the other side.  I realized how quick I was to judge without knowing the situation.  Did I even know what was in the bottle?  It could have very well been mommy's milk, just pumped and in a bottle.  Did I know the reason why the baby wasn't nursing?  No! There are several reasons why this could be--and now I am one of them.  Who am I to think poorly of them when I have no idea the true nature of their situation? I still sometimes want to explain to other people why Elijah is drinking from a bottle now.  But the fact is, I don't need to.  I know the reasons.  This really did humble me for sure!!

Elijah is into everything these days.  He isn't walking yet, but he's getting closer every day.  I am really ok with this.  Once he starts, then he won't stop!! He is getting steadier every day on his own feet unassisted, but still needs to hold on to something.  He can walk now with us holding one hand instead of both, so I know it will be probably soon when those little feet will just take off!

Well here are a few recent pics and videos.  Enjoy!!

Look how big I am (7 mo)


I love cantaloupe (7 mo)


Big Blue Eyes (7 mo)


Ummm...no, daddy did not give me a taste of Oreos..... (7 mo)


I like the tupperware cabinet. It's fun! (7 mo)



Look how far I can reach!! Tippy-toes! (7 mo)

Watermelon is my favorite! (7 mo)

I'm a mess! A beautiful mess that is :) (7 mo)

Happy!! (8 mo)

Pickles?? Yes, Please! (8 mo)

Yup...I like getting into things and making a mess. (8 mo)



Swinging is fun (9 mo)

 
Just chilling...eating my fruit 'popcicle' (9 mo)

 
Goulash!! Yummy!! Thanks mom! (9 mo)

Look where I can go!!  But...I need help getting out :( (9 mo)


I found the paper shredder and made a mess... (9 mo)

But had tons of fun doing so! (9 mo)

Yummy yogurt! (9 mo)

I know how to say more! (9 mo)

 
I have to lick the spoon...I need to get every last bit that I can (9 mo)


I'm getting a little more comfortable with the pools...still not my fave but it's not so bad (9 mo)

I love hanging out with Papa! (9 mo)

Spaghetti makes me happy!!!! Can you see my two teeth?!? (10 mo)

The aftermath of the spaghetti... (10 mo)

And there's more down here! Let's eat it! (10 mo)

I'm all cleeeeeean! (10 mo)

All bundled up! (10 mo)


 And a couple of videos...

Eating Spaghetti! (10 mo)
(This one is kinda long, but shows his personality)


I'm learning to walk!! (10 mo)



Well I hope all is well with everyone.  God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment